“Momentum for sustainability? That sounds nice. But what is it that you do?”
I call myself a communications consultant and facilitator. I do a lot of things. Here’s an incomplete list:
- I ask questions. I probe. I challenge you to go deeper. I help you find out what is really important for you, right now. I help you reconnect with why you do what you do, and how you are making a difference.
- I focus. I am relentlessly practical. I ask “what is next?” and “what does this mean for this project?”. I envisage timelines and tasks and people.
- I listen, and I improvise. I go beyond one-size-fits-all and ready-made solutions. What matters is what works in your context. What worked for others might not work for you. We learn together what’s possible and exciting and promising where you are.
- I structure. I develop proposals: These could be the steps, the questions, the deliverables that lead us to your goal. I include checks and balances so that we can adjust the plan if reality throws us curveballs (or provides new information).
- I deliver. I work with suppliers and contractors, get sign-offs and juggle logistic details. I say ‘go ahead’ when everything’s ready. I ship.
- I lead. I stand in front of groups and give impulses. I synthesise. I help you move ahead. I keep track of time and objectives. I facilitate.
- I envision. When you know what you need, but not how: I’ll show you how it could look like – and then we adjust from there and bring things to life.
- I write emails, wrestle technology and speak with you on the phone. I draft and draw. I interview people and design surveys. I run workshops and online sessions.
Most of all, I collaborate. I’m a trusted partner to help you get from where you are now to where you need to be in order to build momentum. That might be through a revamp of your communications strategy and system, through a game changing project or a meeting that shifts the conversation in your organisation.
Does this sound helpful? Let’s talk.